Councillor Vacancy in the Sudbrook Ward
Portskewett Community Council are looking to co-opt a Councillor to fill a vacancy that has arisen in the Sudbrook ward. We would like to invite anyone interested in becoming a Councillor to come and observe the next Council meeting on 18th October 2022 at 7.00pm to get a feel for what is involved.
No qualifications are required to become a Councillor other than having a keen interest for our community and local area and being available for Council meetings which take place on the third Tuesday evening of each month.
What makes a good Councillor?
- Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the community
- Solid interest in local matters
- Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff
- Ability and willingness to work with the Council's partners e.g. voluntary groups, Monmouthshire County Council
- Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the Council and working groups in the evenings
- Ability and willingness to attend Council events at times
If you would like to apply, please forward to the clerk a letter outlining why you are interested in becoming a Councillor and what you could bring to the role along with your C.V. The closing date for applications is Friday 7th October 2022.
If you would like to observe the October meeting or for further details about what it means to be a Councillor, please contact the clerk – Beverley Young by email at email@example.com or telephone 01291 430818.